Wednesday, 26 February 2014

White Toblerone Ice Cream...


Toblerones are my airport weakness, I can't go through the duty free with out snapping one up, I love love love them!

Unfortunately I didn't get to go any where far flung and exotic (or even mildly exciting for that matter) to pick up the one that went into this Ice cream... It was on offer in the department store near my workplace just after Christmas... But a Toblerone is still a Toblerone even if you don't get the fancy pants holiday to go with it.


I've spent the last few weeks pottering around at home and as a result a lot of happenings have happened in my kitchen, including baking these amazing Kouign Amann, I saw them, pinned them, made them.  I had all the ingredients in, even frozen raspberries so yeah that definitely happened, but unfortunately no picture, they were so scrummy they got snaffled before one could be taken.  Any way... the point is, I then spent an awful long time nosing around The Sugar Hit, (if you haven't visited, you really really should) and came away wanting to make ice cream...


So here it is, the combined result of manically reading The Sugar Hit and scoring a discount Toblerone, my White Chocolate Toblerone Ice Cream...

The method is borrowed from Sarah, who borrowed it from Jeni (whose book is so on my wish list right now!)

100g white Toblerone, melted
60g cream cheese
pinch salt
500ml milk
3 tbsp cornflour
250ml cream
150g caster sugar
2 tbsp glucose
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tbsp honey
75g dark chocolate

Beat cream cheese and salt together in a bowl until smooth, slowly whisk in the melted Toblerone and set aside.

Whisk 2 tablespoons of the milk with the cornflour until smooth and set aside.

In a saucepan mix the rest of the milk, cream, sugar, glucose and almond and bring to boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 4 minutes.  Remove from heat and whisk in the cornstarch mixture.  Return to the heat and whisk for one minute till the mixture thickens slightly.

Slowly incorporate the milk mixture in to the cream cheese mixture, whisking until smooth and then refrigerate over night.

Just before you churn you mixture, melt the dark chocolate and set aside to cool slightly.  Start to churn the ice cream and when it has started to freeze through (after about 5-10 minutes) stream in the honey, followed after a minute or so, by the melted dark chocolate.  Once churned, empty in to a freezable container, this recipe makes just over one liter, a litter and a chef's perk to be precise!

Freeze and enjoy.


This baby is smooth and creamy, rich and white chocolaty, a little almondy, a little honey-y, with crispy flecks of dark chocolate, hmm mmm!

Let me know what you think if you try making it,


p.s.  Another tick off the list,  I'm on a roll this week!


3 comments:

  1. You are on a roll!!! This ice cream looks like you bought it!!! Amazing!!! I have never tried to make ice cream but you have just changed that! Did I mention we have a slight ice cream problem here?!?! Wonderful job friend and a lovely week to you!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love white Toblerone! My husband put one in my Christmas stocking this year. :) This looks like delicious ice cream, thank you for sharing your recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm dying right now, I don't have a churn-er or ice cream maker, but this looks sooooo delicious. Toblerones are my weakness too. I love them, and Toblerone ice cream sound wonderful.

    http://howtomakehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by and leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! If you have a question I'll reply here so please pop back, x